Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dripping In Candy

I used to be (and still am) a huge fan of the fashion house Heatherette. In fact if you go for enough back in my blogging I'm sure I have blogged about them more than once. Their crazy designs and Andy Warhol-like Superstar muses like Amanda Lepore make me feel like my artwork is coming to life. I would definitely count Heatherette and Amanda as Muses to my own work. From the tiniest bit of research I have done it seems that Heatherette are no long producing work. I could be wrong? (Please!! Tell me I'm wrong!!) But I found another great designer to fill that fashion muse void.

Meadham Kirchhoff is design team Ed Meadham and Ben Kirchhoff and their Fall 2011 show is absolutely dripping in candy.






Do you think it would be okay if I decorate my future home exactly like this runway with balloon arches everywhere? This show is truly my art dreams come to life. I'm dazzled. Who are your art and/or fashion muses?

5 comments:

Jackie_Paper said...

YEZZZZ I love these photos! I also liked Heatherette an aweful lot.

Anonymous said...

I don't think Heatherette is running anymore, but Richie Rich has been going it solo.

Anonymous said...

OH, and my favourites are Gareth Pugh, Thom Browne, Iris Van Herpen. But, I love Alexander McQueen, Vivienne Westwood and Jean Paul Gaultier, FOREVER ALWAYS.

anna said...

That woul definitely be okay ;)! Hapy 2012 Ann!

Amelia said...

love this idea and think you should def do your future home like this :) why not? he he.

Wishing you a happy and wonderful 2012

Amelia.x