Monday, December 2, 2013

Quietly quiet.

Hi! How was your weekend?  Did you have a long weekend filled with so much food? Did you shop? Did you celebrate Thanksgiving and or Hanukkah? If so I hope you had a fabulous holiday.  If not, I hope you had a fabulous weekend. 

This was the first Thanksgiving weekend that I haven't worked in retail since I was in grad school.  Trust me I savored every second of it.  Saturday was my birthday and I quietly turned 31.  It's hard to imagine that ten years ago I not-so-quietly turned 21.  My how times have changed. 

My husband gave me my gifts in bed.  I got a few books that I had been wanting and was surprised with a few other goodies. We had a shopping day a couple of weeks ago where he patiently followed me around stores and paid attention as I lingered over things. He did a great job with his picks!


My super talented friend Robyn snuck a gift into my mailbox while I was out and about. She had been working on this beautiful broach for sometime, leaving little clues here and there on her instagram account.  I'm so in love with it. I recently realized how much I love swans, especially swan "things" so this was a very timely gift.

I worked in my studio a bit this weekend as well.  I'm finding ways of diving back in by making small things that make me happy. I'll figure out what to do with it later.

These feathers are going to be put to good use soon.  I feel quite content.

Do not forget about the Artists Heal PH shop.  There are still tons of great goodies left.  Buy yourself or someone you love a handmade gift and know that you are supporting relief in the Philippines.  Here are a few things you can still get your hands on... (Click on the image for details)



Image of The Bellatrix necklace



Happy shopping! 

1 comment:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Wonderful, pretty gifts!! And aaah, the swans!

Methinks you need to exhibit your art soon.