Saturday, February 7, 2009

More Studio Stuff






I've been the absolute worst at keeping up with my blog lately. Since school's started I feel like I've really hit the ground running. I'm working hard in the studio and it's definitely had it's ups and downs. Yesterday I went to Chicago to explore several of the galleries there and saw some really great stuff. Lots of stuff that really kept my spirits up. I'll post some of that work tomorrow. Today I have for you an image that I did for a print exchange called Angel F***. Sorry for the foul language, it was an exchange organized by a couple of my classmates and titled after a Misfits song. The hairpiece is what I did for that folio. You can click on it to see it larger.
I also have an image of a drawing I'm working on. I'm hoping to have it finished soon. There are a couple of small finished manila envelope pieces. I'm in the process of figuring out how they will be framed and displayed. I'm playing around with some IKEA shadowbox frames and fabric.
Also, there is a picture of my lovely friend Joanna who has been keeping me company in the studio while we both work on various art projects. She's a good friend and a great artist and we're hoping to collaborate soon. You'll be the first to see what we come up with.
I'm spending a quiet Saturday night with a few rowdy dogs and some art magazines. I hope your night is as good as mine.
See you soon!

2 comments:

Art Nest said...

Lovely! I am jealous of your getting to hang out and sketch and work along with other artists. That is one thing I do miss about art school...

Thanks for you patience on the cards...I'm sending you an extra set of surprise cards...
Zana
PS: I'm at the Art Nest now -

clydebink said...

I'm sorry that you have to apologize for foul language. Language should be able to fly freely, like fowl language.