Thursday, February 2, 2012

Beauties Shops

Yesterday I mentioned that I have never had a macaroon before. This was the comment my friend Michelle left on my blog:

I have never had one! But that changed yesterday at the All Chocolate Kitchen. There were many flavors to choose from, it was hard to choose but I finally decided on a classic chocolate and maybe a not so classic Lemon. I also had Lemon sorbet. I was at a place called All Chocolate Kitchen, I had to indulge a little bit. The chocolate one was good but I only ate half. Very sweet.
The lemon was definitely my fave. I have a crazy thing for lemon flavored treats. I was surprised by how teeny tiny they were. I am happy to say that I now know what this sweet treat tastes like. I felt like Marie Antoinette, the Sophia Coppola version...
We also checked out a beautiful shop called The Mossy Twig. My friend wanted to get some air plants and I just wanted to be inspired. I certainly was. There were beautiful terrariums everywhere, it was magical.





I was very frugal on this trip. I wanted to buy everything but I think I made a good decision on my purchases. We went to a little flea market and I scored this huge crystal quartz. I couldn't believe my luck.
IMG_1826
I also got this vintage necklace. Earlier that day I was wishing I had a long gold necklace to wear with my outfit and I lucked out and found this beauty. I'm so into gold right now.
IMG_1827
This adventure took place in Geneva, IL. If you are ever in that area definitely explore the downtown. There are so many cute shops.

Hope you have a super fantastic day and where ever you are the sun is shining!