Thursday, July 16, 2009

I did not completely disappear...

Oh my oh my. Remember when I use to write on here and then one day I disappeared?  Let me explain.... I meant to explain before I left but me being my usual self I spent about two days running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to figure out how to pack and leave town for three weeks.  Then I got in my car and drove for eight hours to Vermillion, South Dakota.  In Vermillion once a year during the summer a bunch of printmakers go on pilgrimage to Frogman's Print and Paper Workshop.  Click on the link to learn all about it.  It's basically two week-long sessions of workshops based on different printmaking techniques.  I've gone four times over the course of five years but this was my first time as an assistant.  I assisted each week in the monoprint classes.  The first week was for Anita Jung and the second week for Michael Krueger.   They are both amazing artists as you will see if you click on their links.  I learned soo much and met so many amazing people and reconnecting with so many amazing people. I saw tons of enviable art and made some great trades.  I feel like this was really a life changing event for me and I feel so much better for having done it.  
Now I'm back and I'm picking up the pieces of real life.  If you are a printmaker or just an art maker of any kind I highly encourage you to consider checking out frogman's.  It's a really well known workshop that brings in amazingly talented faculty to work in a serious and fun environment.  On Tuesdays nights everyone bowls and Thursday nights are Karaoke.  You can't miss it!
So, if you are one of the few people who are still looking in on my blog thank you for sticking with me.  I promise to not leave without notice again. Keep checking in because when I get my disposable camera developed I will post pictures.  I also want to steal others photos to post on here so I should be pretty active for a bit!