Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Finding Peace

  

Wow! It's been a long blogging sabbatical for me but a very fast summer.  So many changes in such a short time.  I missed blogging about it. I think I wrote more blogs in my head than I would have if I had just sat down and written. There was no time to sit down and write.

I did lots of thinking about changes I wanted to make in my little corner of the internet as well as changes I want to make in my little corner of life.  I hope to apply all those changes here and feel good and at peace.  

I'm so excited to start sharing with you again and seeing and reading and being inspired by you!

Here are some little sneak peaks of the summer with more detailed posts to come.

I got married to a pretty amazing guy who can slick his hair up way higher than mine will go.  The wedding was perfect.  Every thing I could have ever wanted was there. All my best friends were with me, all the little kids in my life were part of it, my sister couldn't walk well for a week from dancing and my Grandmother smiled more than I have seen her smile in a while.  Thanks to my amazing parents for helping to fulfill my every wish, it was the perfect day.


A few short weeks later we closed on a home and started moving our five thousand things in the middle of the worst heat wave ever.  Somehow we didn't melt and our house is starting to come along.  I have to admit buying a home has come with a lot of mixed feelings.  It doesn't feel like my home yet so we are in the courting process of our relationship.  We are friendly and getting to know each other but we haven't met each others' parents yet.  I'm taking this one slow.


I do love the studio part of my home. I have been crafting my little heart out and am getting ready for my first sale! More on that soon.  Here are some bits and pieces of what I'm doing.  So much color and paint and glitter!





Another thing I love about our home? We have a yard! And Bunny has an outdoor pen.  I never leave her out there alone so we use the time to soak up some sun while I work on my crafts. My husband (ack! weird! haha) is working on a fence for our back yard so once that's done Bunny will start getting more space to run around.  I'm hoping she'll make friends with the chipmunks and squirrels that hang out in our yard and we can film a Disney movie there.


 So that's where I've been.  I think I'm coming back with a healthier attitude and way less anxiety. I'm learning how to find peace.  I'm reading a book called Finding Peace.  Seriously.

So glad to be back in my part of the internet world!



4 comments:

Rachael Bower said...

I'm so glad you're back!!!!

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Welcome back!
And hoooray for all the great things in your life!

flux biota. said...

it's good to have you back. I've missed the buttons outta ya.

Hannah said...

"My husband (ack! weird! haha)..." you're so cute...