Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dreamy, Artful Couple.

About a week ago I got to catch up with my friend Rachael Madeline at Cameron's BFA show. I was reminded of her dreaminess so I am very excited to do this weeks post on Rachael and her boyfriend Steven Bower.
I have mentioned Rachael many times before so she's no stranger in the Beautiful Party world. Her drawings and prints are romantic and nostalgic and melancholy and beautiful all at once. She's not afraid to make super large work but also makes small intimate art objects, too. I love her variety. Take a look here...
away we go

our grass stays green

detail of 'Here'

my sweet thing

sailor's lament

Air warning!

See more of Rachael's work here... Also check out her blog here.

I have not met Steven Bower yet but I'm sure he's just as dreamy as Miss Madeline. He makes photographs that seem both playful and ominous at the same time.

These are a series of photos Steven took of a model house he built. I love these. The series is titled "The House That S. M. Bower Built."
The House That S. M. Bower Built

The House That S. M. Bower Built

The House That S. M. Bower Built

The House That S. M. Bower Built

The House That S. M. Bower Built

Here are some other photos from different series....

Dead Boots #2 - He was a good man, and had good hands

It Was My Daddy's and His Daddy's-before and His Daddy's-before and His Daddy's-before, Five Generations of an Unlocked Door and a Loaded Burglar Alarm

Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water; Jack fell down and broke his crown and Jill came tumbling after

See more of Steven's work here, including images of the models he built for the photos.

Are you part of a dreamy, artful couple and you want to be featured? Contact me!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

wow...i love how you're always introducing me to amazing artists.

Hannah said...

Yay! Rachel!