Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Belated Mother's Day


So it's a joke in my family that I'm late for everything.  It's your birthday? I swear I have a card, you'll just get it in a few months... you know, just so I can extend your special day... I really do have good intentions, I'm just a bit flighty.
So, here's to being flighty...
And here's to still celebrating Mother's Day!!
These are a couple of my favorite photos from when I was young. I thought my Mom looked like an 1980's superstar in that aerobics outfit on top and the bottom picture shows off her culinary skills.  See how I'm eating an apple instead of the mystery casserole in the dish... and the beats in the pink tupperware container... I can practically feel myself gently turning them down again. Ha. Love you, Mom!! And your mystery casseroles.  You always have fabulous hair!
Happy Mother's Day, you should be getting something in the mail today!

3 comments:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Gorgeous mother, gorgeous daughter!!!

You can celebrate Swedish Mother's day - it's on May 31st so you're actually early!

Mom said...

Thanks, Ann. I love it and I love my gift. Perfect:-)

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

thank you thank yoou! the film is called "The Roommate" and is about an art student and her friend who goes bonkers and becomes obsessed with her :-D