Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dreamy, Artful Couple

I'm crushing...
When I came up with the idea to post on artsy couples I wanted to stick with people I knew but while I wait for images I just have to tell you about Herb and Dorothy Vogel. I watched this documentary last night and learned all about this unassuming couple that, in their lifetime, have put together one of the most amazing collection of art of the 2oth century. Neither are rich and live in a modest one-bedroom apartment in New York City. They are also untrained in modern and contemporary art, they just like what they see. They collected a lot of Minimalist art when it was cheap and easy to get. They never sell the work, they are not interested in the money, they just love art. It is so sweet and pure. I found this website here with a great timeline of their life. This is their website that was recently launched that shows their entire collection.
Watch this documentary and fall head-over-heels in love with this unique couple.



4 comments:

CassieMarie said...

I have to watch that! thanks! :)

The last picture of them is ADORABLE! with their chubby cats! I love it!

prettylittlethieves said...

i have to watch that too. thanks for sharing it!

anna said...

What a priceless couple!! Thanks for introducing them to us!

Hannah said...

I love this movie!!