Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Some Things To Look At

Yesterday was a day. That's all I can say. There were some ups and downs. One of the ups? My boyfriend made these delicious nachos for dinner. Turkey crumbles, homemade guacamole, salsa, onions, tomatoes, cheese and tons and tons of cilantro, my fave. It was delicious.
One of the downs? All the shelves in my art studio fell off the wall. I don't know why it happened but it took me over an hour to finally go in the room and deal with it. I was too afraid to see all the damage. Luckily and surprisingly most things came out unscathed. A few busted frames but art work was still intact so I had plenty to feel lucky about. But now this is what my studio looks like messier than ever. We are going to hang the shelves again today but I'm still a bit nervous of another disaster...
One bright spot in my studio are these awesome vintage owl pencils. I have had these for forever. My best friend Claudia gave them to me one year for Christmas and I hang them up in every place I live in. They are kind of like my version of the lucky horseshoe.

I have recently acquired some amazing art including this crazy beautiful piece by John Medina. We traded last year for it but he had to hang on to it a little while longer. Once I got it I was pleased as punch. It reminds me of the Mountain Monsters I use to draw. I think I'll keep this guy in my studio for inspiration.Also, when I visited with my friend Cassie recently she gave me this beautiful doily painting. I have always loved theses paintings so I am very excited to have one of my own!

Yay art!
Have a Wonderful Wednesday. I hope your shelves stay intact today and everyday!

1 comment:

Claire said...

aw, sorry about the shelves!
It's so crappy when things like that happen!
I would have left it a while before having a look too!
That doily painting is lovely!