Saturday, October 25, 2008

One for the Saturdays

It's Saturday finally! I'm going to spend my afternoon going to thrift stores and looking for neat stuff to make art with. It's my first time since I moved here exploring the different stores around the area. I'll post my favorite stuff in the next couple of days.
The piece above is something you've seen before but it's finally completed. It's called Hellcat. This was the first manila envelope piece I made. This is also the last of the photographed works for now. Once I finish a couple of more I'll take some more photographs.
I've come up with an idea of sending envelopes out to friends and family and asking them to write me a letter that they will put in the envelope and send back to me. Then when I make art on these envelopes they begin to have more of a history. I will also use content from the letters in some way. I haven't completely figured the idea out yet. I think it will be fun. I'm also thinking of getting these manila envelope pieces made into prints so I can sell them on Etsy. What do you think? Anyone know a good place where I can get prints made?
What are you doing on your Saturday?