Wednesday, April 20, 2011

DIY Haircut

Today I cut my hair again for the millionth time, starting with the back. I thought I would give some advice if you want to do your own cut. Warning. I'm not a professional and this is barely even advice. Proceed with caution.
Grab chunks of hair in the back, close your eyes, cross your toes (since your fingers are busy) and cut, hope for the best. I usually cut until it feels as short as I want it and then I grab a mirror and check to see how wonky it is. You can use the scissors and cut up and down to start evening it out.
Everything else that you can see... just hold your scissors upright and cut and cut until it looks just right.
I have been doing this for about a year now and it's been good and it's been bad. One day when I save up enough I'll get a real haircut. Until then, this diy cut will have to do.

5 comments:

CassieMarie said...

It looks so cute! :) :) :)

prettylittlethieves said...

i agree. it looks cute! i cut my bangs but never tried to cut the rest.

Claire said...

It looks so good!

A Beautiful Party said...

thank you! i'm not sure how much i'm loving it now that i've slept on it. my bangs are unruly!

Jackie_Paper said...

If you do it with thinning shears + styling razor, you get choppy and you can't tell where the mistakes are.