Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sketch

I recently ran into a former student of mine, Will Kevin, at an art opening and I told him to send me some of his work so I could see what he's doing now. He sent me a link to his tumblr page and it's filled with many great sketch book posts. After looking through these it really made me think about the importance of keeping a sketchbook for generating ideas. Will really works with his sketchbook and uses different kinds of media. Mine is usually just filled with some black pen doodles. I think exploring different media in your sketchbook is very helpful when you are ready to move on to a new piece.
Check out some of Will's amazing sketchbook pages here and be sure to follow him on tumblr.




This looks just like my art history notes...

1 comment:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Very cool sketches!!
I've been so lazy lately when it comes to sketchbooks.... Worked a lot and been busy but still - lazy when it comes to just taking the time and draw and doodle and write and sketch... Must get back on track!