Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Announcement

I am getting married in June! Do you know how uncomfortably close that is? Not because I don't want to get married, I can't wait for that part. I just dread all the eight million things that need to be done. Seven million of those things are making paper pom poms and other wedding decorations. Aye yi yi. Anyone want to have a crafting party?
This weekend we knocked off one of the things on our to-do list. We finally got our pics taken for our Save-The-Date. I hate getting my picture taken so I was really dreading it. I wanted to use this photo as our inspiration...
Photo source here via here.

Instead we opted to go a bit (tiny bit) more traditional. We were thinking of American Gothic and I was also thinking of some of my older artwork:

ann

We came up with this but it was a little too edited...
IMG_1536

Ultimately we went with this. If it wouldn't have been too weird I would have had us dress as sheet ghosts.
Ann and Jeremy

One thing down, 799,999,999 more things to go.

9 comments:

Lauren said...

Congrats! What wonderful news, and what a great thing to look forward to. Much love !

A Beautiful Party said...

thank you! I'm excited, I just wish someone else could do all the work. ( :

flux biota. said...

just hire jennifer lopez. I hear she's an excellent wedding planner.

John said...

Wow! That's the happiest I think I've ever seen Jeremy look. You guys are awesome! Congrats! Cool picture, btw.

prettylittlethieves said...

congratulations! great picture!

Claire said...

Ahh! Congrats!!
I love the picture, it's cute!

anna said...

jeej! Congratulations! It's a great & very sweet picture :)!

(one day at a time, one step at a time and -like my dad always says- keep it stupid simple :)

Sarah West Ervin said...

Congratulations!!!! Your save-the-date picture is adorable :)

Hannah said...

SO AWESOME! Y'all are the prettiest. I want to be like you when I grow up.