Sunday, September 23, 2012

Floral Crown

 I have to admit I am absolutely crazy about the floral crown trend that's happening right now. I have always been in love with floral haloes.  When I went to prom my Junior year of high school I had real daisies pinned into my hair. If I could I would wear real flowers in my hair everyday.  But fake flowers work as a nice substitute.
I had been eager to try to make my own floral crown so when a friend mentioned wanting one it was enough to get me to see what I could do.
Last night I started working on this one with tiny flowers. Because the flowers were small it was a little bit of a pain. You have to wrap wire around each flower and I didn't want there to be large gaps so I was trying to pack them in pretty tight. I then wrapped some floral tape over the wire to cover it up.


I stopped about halfway around the circle because I liked the idea of this being more a headband than a halo. I felt like that was more wearable.  I pinned this in my hair with bobby pins but I'm debating attaching ribbon on either said so it can be tied around the head. Figuring how how to nicely attach the ribbon might be tricky so I'm going to sit on it for a few days until I come up with a good solution.  I have millions of other projects happening in my studio right now so I feel like I can take a little break from this one.

I am super excited that I made this!  It was kind of a pain but really wasn't so bad. I'm sure the more I do the easier and faster it will be. I got a great tutorial for it at bleubird vintage so check it out if you want to make your own...Or custom order one from me and I will make it for you!

Happy Sunday!






















3 comments:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Very pretty!! I'm in the midst of making one too but tried to keep the stems on the fake flowers and maybe it's making the crown a bit too stiff.

A Beautiful Party said...

It's really tricky to figure out the best approach. I'm sure yours will be beautiful!

anna said...

I love it! Just read your previous post, I can so much relate to what you're saying, but then again we are from the same era :)

I still can't get used to looking up a song on you tube and find out that thousands of others like 'my' song :)