Thursday, February 7, 2013

Glitter and Garland and Always a Bunny

Remember how last week I thought it would be neat to do a regular feature on artists who inspire me? And then remember how I said I am bad at doing regular features.  And then did  you notice how yesterday was Wednesday and there was nothing new on my blog?  And no, it's not because I'm not inspired by anyone. I'm plenty inspired.  I have lots to show you and lots I want to talk about. I guess the reason for a blog absence is as good a reason as any for an artist... I was working in my studio and lost track of anything and everything. It was a great day because for the first time in a while I feel confident and I am able to make things without getting too hung up on silly details.

Here is what my desk currently looks like. There isn't an inch of space not being used.

 And under the table? This cutie pie bunny keeping me company.  Sometimes it's hard to work because this rabbit wants you to pet her round the clock. How can you say no to that little button nose?
 On my walls are pom pom garlands just waiting for the extra frills.  I love making these.

Here is a sneak peak of some of my work.  I framed this pom pom piece and I'm a little worried that it looks too stuffed in the frame. But since I'm practicing letting things go I'm going to be okay letting it be what it is and learn a lesson from it the next time. And maybe it's fine. When I started this I envisioned it being packed full of garlands so maybe I'm just bringing my usual weird hangups to the table. Ugh. Hangups.

I started this one at the end of the night. I'm not quite sure where it's going yet but I really wanted to do this kind of backdrop. It was fun. I talked on the phone to a friend while I cut tiny pieces of fringe so now this piece reminds me of our phone conversation. Maybe i'll have tiny phones floating around?
 This is my new favorite. It's really simple and I was originally going to add more but I started to like the simplicity of it.  More is not always better. It's almost finished. I just need to sew the tassels to the glitter back drop.
Sometimes it feels like life is going in fast forward.  I have a million things in my brain that I want to do and make realities. I've learned to take things one step at a time but I think I could also stand to learn how to make a to-do list.

Life.

2 comments:

flux biota. said...

the bottom piece reminds me of fish lures. you should make a bunch of kick ass pom pom fish lures.

Also, way to be productive, Ann...productive even when faced with adorable bunnies.

crackerjaxshop said...

Lovely!