Thursday, February 28, 2013

So Many Things

This week has gone by in a blur.  I had a few days off at work and I spent the time as wisely as possible.

One of the best things I did was check out this show at NIU's art gallery. The closing reception is tonight and that includes an artist talk which I'm sad to miss. Do you know what you are looking at? All Bugs!! Those vines creeping up the wall... huge moths.  It is unbelievable.  I spent so long studying each bug and object. The artist is Jennifer Angus and you can find info about the show and her work here.



I finally bought a huge balloon this week and decorated it with my garlands and poms.  I know this idea has been floating around the web a lot lately and I am working on finding ways to decorate in my own way but I thought it would be nice to offer this service locally. I'm still figuring out the details.





I also worked on figuring out displays for the barn sale in May.  I did a little tutorial on backing this window and I'll be writing about that soon.


I finished up the night with this little heart pinata box. It was a little hard to make but I'm hoping with more practice I'll get better.
I'm working on a lot of party supplies.  I'd really like this to be my thing. I love the decorations that make a beautiful party, hence my name. I have had this name for a long time and it started with me making art about a ghost at parties where he felt all alone. Maybe I was the ghost in the scenario but now I'm abandoning that lonely feeling and focusing on the decorations. It's happier on that side of things.

Have a great day today.  Buy yourself a heart shaped balloon!

No comments: