Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Can I really Teach?

This has been quite a summer. I've had a ton of changes happening in my life. I had the best time ever at Frogmans. I enjoyed a vacation with my family. I discovered new things with my artwork. I also experienced personal sadness and pains and change. Now summer vacation as I know it is drawing to an end. This may be my last "carefree" summer vacation.
Summer is coming to a very surprising and nice ending, however. I can't wipe this silly grin off my face even while I anxiously get ready for the upcoming semester. Did you know I'll be teaching Intro to Printmaking? Am I really qualified for this? I think it is going to be fun and exciting and scary and weird and every other possible emotion at once. I think I might start a blog for my class so if you're interested in seeing what we're doing and learning more about printmaking I'll post a link here as soon as I get it up and running.
And right now, when I think of my future, I want to live in the Carolinas. I want to wear dresses and be warm and have a garden and swim in a lake and walk around barefoot.
Tomorrow that whole plan could change. Right now it feels pretty peaceful.
Good luck to all of you who are also ending your summer vacation and starting back to school. Don't forget your milk money.

8 comments:

Michelle C. Moode said...

you wanna frolic in meadows with maranda and I? We have a five-year plan.

Michelle C. Moode said...

oops, 'maranda and me'

Mom said...

I like the Carolinas idea! Like your new artwork too.

Mom said...

Oh, and yes, you can teach. You will be a great teacher.

CassieMarie said...

Ann, you will be a wonderful teacher, i know it. :)
lets get together tomorrow!? studio + bookstores? I think so. :) let me know if that works for you.
lastly, can i be your neighbor? i want to be somewhere sunny and warm as well.....

Jennifer Hayes Hugon said...

Good luck teaching! I'm sure it will be a great experience!

Claudia said...

Are you? Her?

I think you will be a great instructor. I wish I could take your class but you'd probably give me a C for being a know-it-all.

lisa butterworth said...

teaching! how exciting. i'm sure the students will love you. good luck!