Monday, August 31, 2009

Lust





I'm back after a little blogging break. I want to thank all those who sent me well wishes on my last blog. It's been a really hard week, that's for sure.
So I indulged and bought myself this W magazine that I've been lusting after since I first saw it on the newsstands. This nice thing about my artwork is that a lot of my research comes from fashion magazines. They layouts in this issue are beautiful. Juergen Teller shot a spread with a Woodstock theme and Jennifer Jason Leigh starred in it. I think she's really beautiful. If you're into these magazines rush out now and buy the latest W. Look at Kate Moss! She looks like she was plucked right out of the 70s. She reminds me of Jerry Hall in this picture.
Besides happily going through fashion magazines I'm keeping busy in the study. This is my last year of grad school! That means stress! Sleepless nights! Cry fits! I can't wait. I'll be sure to document every last roller coaster high and low. Hang with me, folks. It's going to be a long year!


2 comments:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

I can really see the resemblance to Jerry Hall. What have they done to Kate Moss? Pinched her cheeks? Hm. My sentiment towards fashion magazines is a mixture between interest and understanding nothing. I buy them sometimes with the excuse that I'll cut them up :)

Give yourself time to be sad as well, don't shut it all in too much and try to act like everything is normal when it's not.

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

P.S. I can't find you on Facebook. Please add me if you like, search for M a r i a - Thérèse A n d er ss on Afiori

without the spaces of course