Sunday, August 23, 2009

Granddaddy

My Granddaddy died yesterday and I still feel like I can't believe it. I knew he was ill but sometimes because I'm far away from everyone, it's easy to think everyone is always going to be fine. I loved my Granddaddy so much. He was always joking and teasing and smiling. Even when he was being cranky he was often doing it for a laugh. He lived a long happy life and now he can go somewhere and be with my Grandmother. Those two loved each other so much so I'm happy they can finally be back together.
This reminds me to always tell my family how much I love them all the time. You remember, too.

6 comments:

cicruscow said...

I'm sorry boot yer grandfather : < Hopefully you'll be fine. x

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

oh darling I'm so sorry for your loss :( :( :( :( :(

CassieMarie said...

Ann, I am so sorry, i hope you are doing ok. let me know if you need anything. *hugs* :(

Jennifer Hayes Hugon said...

My deepest sympathies... We just lost a close family member as well and I know that there is no way to make it better. Just continue to celebrate his life and love.

all the best...

Hannah said...

I'm sorry, Ann!

Vanessa said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Granddaddy. I have many happy memories of both my Grandpa's and I so love watching my Dad with my daughters, I think it is my favorite time when we are all together. As my Dad says when the girls are climbing all over him, 'This is what it's all about'.
Vanessa XO