Monday, August 12, 2013

Pizza Predicament

Terrible Source Here. Anyone know who the artist is?

For those of you who have been having trouble sleeping because you have wondered if I made it through the weekend pizza free... I'm sorry to say we broke down and ordered one... at ten at night... after drinking wine... So much for counting calories and money.  It turns out that sometimes when you have a few glasses of wine you might make a couple of bad decisions. Especially in the way of food.  But I think I finally got it out of my system and I can move on to bigger and better things... like craving cake.  The fun thing that has been a result of my pizza cravings is that friends are sending me recipes for healthier versions.  There are so many possibilities and honestly, as long as there is gooey melted cheese, I don't care what else it's made of.


I had a super relaxin weekend at my In-Laws' house.  I took my sewing machine with me and finally learned so basics so I can start using it. I have had this machine for about four or five years and it has sat and collected dust the whole time. I don't know why I have been so intimidated by it. There are so many projects I've wanted to do and a sewing machine was crucial to their completion.  My Mother-In-Law was patient with me and went over all the instructions carefully walking me through it. Yes, there has been an instruction book this whole time. When it comes to instructions I really need someone to read them to me. When I tried to read technical writing my eyes glaze over and before I know it my phone is in my hand and I'm looking at instagram. I come to an hour later and have no idea how the whole thing happened.

By the end of the night I made this little bunting.  I cannot even describe how excited this little bunting made me. I have ALWAYS wanted to do this. To the super intense sewers out there you are probably rolling your eyes and saying "Oh okay, so she's not really serious about sewing." But I am!! I promise I am! This is just the beginning. The possibilities feel endless now. Why did I not do this sooner?

I have to go get my chores done for the day so I can work work work. It's grocery shopping Monday and I have five different stores I have to go to. This is going to be the worst!

If you didn't check out Friday's post about Cat Snapp's studio day go there now! It's a good one.

Happy Grocery Shopping Monday!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on sewing! You are going to have "sew" much fun! I can never help it...

robayre said...

Ha, I'm glad folks are sending you recipes for pizza. When I was younger and my mom tried to make homemade pizza it was always such a downer. Pizza is supposed to taste like Dominios or Pizza Hut, when you are a kid. My parents loved World Famous Pizza and even that was a little "too homemade" tasting for me. I realized that I was growing up when I started to crave WF Pizza. I was thinking about it last night, but now I'd prefer homemade. Even better... someone else making me homemade pizza :D