Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's ten in the morning and I know I should end my computer and coffee time and head to the studio but what I really want is an extra hour to catch up on blog reading. I subscribe to so many amazing blogs and keep finding new ones every day. I'm so behind and just want to read all day. But I have to admit I am also plenty excited to get to work in my studio. The break over the weekend really helped to get me motivated again. Plus, I've started listening to a new podcast that I'm quickly growing addicted to. It's called Stuff You Should Know from the How Stuff Works series. I listened to three episodes yesterday and learned some great stuff. I've got twenty-three more episodes downloaded and can't wait to listen. Podcasts are the best invention since... the ipod? I think when I make the sign for my thesis show that thanks people I will also thank the inventor of podcast. I heard a guy on NPR once describe a musician's cd as his sonic wallpaper. That's what podcasts are for me.
By the way, you may have noticed the badge in the margins that says Blog it Forward. I plan on taking part in a really interesting blogging experience that will be happening a little later in February. To learn more about it click here to go to SFGirlbyBay's website. It's going to be neat!
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

I haven't blogged about my pretty house which arrived yesterday because I suck and because I'm having to deal with a copycat/mean person :-S

I love the little house though and thank you for the extras! Beautiful business cards as well.

Never listened to a podcast but I keep the radio on until about 1 p.m. as a sort of company - after that I normally go outside and / or start to work for real and don't "need" the sound as much. I like having the sound at a distance from the computer / from me.

A Beautiful Party said...

Oh my!! what's going on? everything ok?
i hope it's not too much to deal with. keep in touch. good luck.