Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Away We Go

What an exciting couple of days!
I found out I made the Etsy front page twice in just a few days time. That was a real relief because I was starting to feel like my poor little shop was getting lost in the big internet marketplace. This is mostly my fault. I've been so busy with my graduate work so I've been a little neglectful of the work going in there. But! I made two new photos for the shop that I'm pretty pleased with. I love the photo medium and it's so easy to make prints. I'm still looking into making prints of my work so keep your eyes open for that to happen.
This morning I got a sweet note in my Etsy email informing me that I'd been featured on the blog Going Home To Roost. Great name, right? GHTR is a very cute blog that posts a lot of items from etsy. There is also an etsy shop. So thank you Bonnie for that feature and hello to any of Bonnie's readers who may have found themselves at my place. Have a seat, drink some coffee, take your shoes off.
Last exciting thing of the week: My friends and I are having an art show at the Bad Dog Gallery this Thursday. We started hanging the show last night and I think it's going to look really great. We are five like-minded people when it comes to art so there have been no arguments or worries about anything. It all came together really organically. I'm going to the gallery later today to work on a little installation. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow and I'll be sure to post plenty of pictures of the opening.
Phew, that was a long post... Or did I just take so many breaks during the post writing that I thought I wrote more? If you hung in this long, Thanks! See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

CassieMarie said...

Congrats on the Front Page!!!
Jealous!!
:P
...maybe if I put more effort into my sad shop....

Anyways, I can't wait for your show! Woot woot! I am going to blog it so hard it won't remember its name - haha. :)

Vanessa said...

red shoes, I wear nothing else! (on my feet!)