Monday, October 12, 2009

For the Mondays

First of all, if you haven't noticed I went a little blogposting crazy yesterday. I think it was one part procrastinating one part feeling like I really had a lot to say. But mostly procrastinating. This morning I'm procrastinating a little bit. I'm getting on the treadmill after I write this so I may be moving a little slower than usual.
In my blogging blitze yesterday I wanted to show this cake but I thought I would wait until today. Heidi Kenney at My Paper Crane was up to her usual craftiness when she made this pinata cake for her son's birthday. This is an image of the cake busted open. Isn't this amazing?She's always doing something neat. There are instructions on her blog for making this cake.
Um, I got these boots!!! I'm really digging the low boot style that's happening right now. And that ruffle... wow, what a ruffle. I can't quit looking at my feet when these are on. I got them at Target. Thank god our new Target finally opened. They were pretty cheap, too. Now I just need a suede protector and I'm set.
I don't know if I've mentioned it on here but I'm taking a photo class this semester. I haven't taken photo in years and I really feel like I know very little about the medium. In the beginning of the semester I was taking pictures of models dressed as my ghost girls but the pics started to feel too forced, even though I liked a lot of them. Last night I decided to just play with the camera and see what I could get. I have these great paper masks my friend Claudia brought me from Europe. I played around with those and my bandit mask. I still want to stick with a theme of concealing the face. Because I'm not that familiar with the fine art photo medium I feel like I have no way of knowing if these are good or not. I guess all I can do is print them up and taking them to class for a crit. It's weird to be in a class where I feel like I really don't know what I'm doing. It's been a long time since I've had a class like that. In my printmaking classes I can feel pretty confident that I'm headed in the right direction for the most part but in this class I'm just holding my breath and diving in. I'll let you know how it goes.

And now, I will reluctantly get on the treadmill. Have a great day, readers.



2 comments:

My Owl Barn said...

I didn't know there was a pinata cake. It looks awesome! I saw those Pacman mint tins last week at a store, I think they are cute. Good choice :)

A Beautiful Party said...

thanks, owl barn. wish i could take credit for the awesome cake but it was made by Heidi Kenney. I don't know how i could ever pull something like that off. ( :