Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Re-Runs

It's Friday Re-Run! This one is from December 9, 2009. I'm missing being a printmaker today and working in the shop with great peeps. I'm also missing critiques and all the great feedback I used to get. Oh grad school!

The other day in the studio I was working with balloons...
and making this.
my fellow classmates got ahold of all my extra balloons and were doing this...
I love the printmakers.
In other news I had my final crit of the semester in printmaking last night and I'm super excited about all the ideas and feedback I got. I finally have a real vision for my thesis show and it's something I can't believe I haven't been doing all along. I think I just needed someone to tell me it was okay to do it. The past three years I've gotten so hung up on worrying what is art. I think sometimes my professors got frustrated with me because I was always second guessing myself. I'd make something but would always say: yes, but is it REAL art? I'm sure I've talked about that here before. I get too hung up worrying about the difference between art and Art. Finally I've accepted that there is no difference. Now I feel free! And ready to get back to the studio. But I woke up with a sore throat and headache. This bums me out because my body feels absolutely out of commission. I'll rest today and get back at it again tomorrow. I have a crit with my print faculty Friday and I'm looking forward to it. Wish me luck and cross your toes!

2 comments:

Jessica Robles said...

such a good day!!

two birds said...

that looks like a fun day! i hope you are feeling better soon!