Monday, March 19, 2012

Inspired To Do More

This is a photo I took forever ago. I still love how it makes me feel.

I just read the most inspiring blogpost today at JessicaSwift.com. I have mentioned lately how I have been moving at a snail's pace with my art for fear of failure but I have also been this way with getting my work out and showing it for the same reasons. I have also talked about my interest in getting into craft fairs and really making a go at making a living this way. That's why reading this post today really felt like it was written just for me. Sometimes it's so hard to take a chance on yourself. When people around you are critical about such a "path less traveled" option it's easy to succumb to that way of thinking and convince yourself that you never stand a chance. I once had a teacher tell me that I always sabotage myself and never really let myself be that good at something. I don't want to be that way anymore. I'm going to work harder and really start believing. I always considered myself an optimistic person but I see now that I was optimistic for a distant future but not the right now. I always figured someday I would be more successful but why can't I be more successful today? I'm truly lucky in a lot of ways because I have a super supportive partner and co-workers and friends. They seem to believe in me... now it's my turn to do the same.
Read the post at JessicaSwift.com here. I hope it inspires you to believe in yourself as much as it has me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful thoughts and art!!!